Schiff & Hulbert
* Workers' Compensation, including defense of cases through arbitration and appeals, counseling in cost control, safety programs, training and prevention.
* Employment Termination, including layoffs, reductions-in-force, separation agreements, pre-discharge counseling, and unemployment compensation.
* Employment Policies, and Counseling, including drug and alcohol testing policies, disabilities management, Family and Medical Leave issues, harassment and discrimination prevention training, investigations and disciplinary procedures.
* Employment Litigation, including investigating complaints, responding to charges of discrimination or harassment, and defending complaints in state and federal court under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the Illinois Human Rights Act, county and local ordinances, and state employment torts.
* Employment Contracts, including drafting and litigating confidentiality, non-solicitation and non-compete agreements, and employee handbook drafting and revision.
* Labor Management Relations, including union avoidance, union election campaigns, contract negotiations, strike contingency planning, damage and publicity control,
labor contract administration and grievance arbitrations.
* Wage and Hour, including overtime, Fair Labor Standards Act exemptions, and responding to charges filed with the U.S. or state departments of labor.
Healthcare providers, manufacturers, construction firms â€” virtually all Illinois businesses â€” are taking a hard look at skyrocketing workersâ€™ compensation costs. These costs cut into profits, threaten competitiveness and sap morale. Some choose to settle, overwhelmed by the backlog. Others turn to Schiff & Hulbert: to fight and to win. We are experienced counselors in workersâ€™ compensation law, and in labor and employment law. But we are much more. We are advocates for your companyâ€™s bottom line. Welcome to our firm.
Schiff & Hulbert
150 N Wacker Dr #1300
Chicago IL 60606-1656
Tel: 312 726-2800
Fax: 312 726-2100